Educators value the success of all students. Educators care for students and act in their best interests.

Representing my commintment to Standard 1  gives me the opportunity to show some of my certificates I have collected up to this point in my journey. My POPARD, Education Assistant, and my Carrier Language certificates are only a few. I feel todays classrooms are blessed with children from all backgrounds and abilities and I was very fortunate to see this first hand in my last 10 years as an Education Assistant in School District 28. 

I plan to continue to take a variety of courses to help me develop new skills that I can utilize in my classroom to support the learning of all my students to the best of my ability.

I believe that all students need to be respectful to others as they will also want to be respected back. This is one aspect that builds the foundation of a solid community within the classroom. A respectful community involves respectful listening, pleasant voice, empathy and a fair attitude towards all students.

I believe that creating a balanced classroom is an essential part of building a safe and successful environment. Including everyone, listening to peers, putting hands up when when taking turns speaking, and respecting peoples ideas, thoughts and opinions are all part of building a successful learning environment.