Educators understand and apply knowledge of student growth and development.

Showing a fun activity in Science that makes students curious and full of wonder was my target goal for this grade 7 PRAC 491 class. I loved Science growing up and watching all the cool experiments. When I first was told I was going into a grade 7 class for my last practicum, that was the first thought that came to mind…”I can’t wait to do some Science experiments!”

I created my own data charts for students to record what they saw during the experiments as well as engaging questions that made them predict what would happen next. I had huge engagement throughout my Science lessons and a large part of it was because of the hands-on, creative, experimental side of learning! Students who were never engaged in other subjects were engaged and wanting more…curiosity was at its peak! This made learning fun and enjoyable plus it created a sense of curiousity for Science. I designed instruction that met individuals needs and interests which engaged the learning. This opened up conversations, discussions and really helped the students connect to their learning in ways I had never seen prior!