This is where I want to be. I’ve always wanted to be a teacher. Now that I am here though, I feel like I am as green as they come. I feel like my teaching is in the spotlight and many eyes will be watching how I do things, what I do, and when I will do it. So from here, I need to make sure I build up my confidence as a teacher. I need to find out what works for me and my students that I’m working with. I need to be able to have fun with my teaching and build relationships while I go. Nothing will be more satisfying to me then knowing that my students are expanding their learning, having fun while learning, and their curiosity is exploding to know more!! 

I have always been a very determined person. When I want to achieve something, I will make sure I get it done. This is why, I know that when I say I want to become more confident as a teacher, I will become more confident. I will set that as a goal and pursue it.  During my practicums, the coaching teachers were very impressed with the amount I self-reflect. I am constantly thinking about how I could adjust or change something to make it better for the next time. This is a strength I never realized I had until I started this program and during practicums. Another strength I have is that I am flexible at my constant adjusting to students, to the plan, and to their learning. In a way, I am learning that it’s easier for me to work “on the fly” and under pressure then it is to work on a concrete plan. This will be extremely beneficial to me as a teacher because even now, I find that nothing is what it is planned to be. There is constant changing occuring throughout the day whether it is with they day schedule or on a lesson, every day is so different from the next.

I am considering taking this a step further in my career path and once I start becoming more confident as a teacher, I can see myself becoming a student once again and finishing my Masters in education. This will be my final personal goal for my future. Right now, I will need a break from being a student, and I will enjoy my first years as a teacher, a leader and a role model before fulfilling another goal.